Specification For Use of Stainless Steel
Specification for use of stainless steel welded thin wall tubing in
potable water plumbing applications. This to be used in lieu of
copper, galvanized iron or plastic derivatives.
Tubing used is to be in accordance with SANS 1312 specification,
manufactured from material grade 4301(304) , 4509(441) or
4521(444) and having the following dimensions.
15 .0 mm x 1.0 mm wall thickness
22.0 mm x 1.2 mm
28.0 mm x 1.2 mm
35.0 mm x 1.5 mm
42.0 mm x 1.5 mm
54.0 mm x 1.5 mm
76.1 mm x 2.0 mm
88.9 mm x 2.0 mm
108.0 mm x 2.0 mm
Fittings are to be in accordance with SANS 11179, employing the press fit concept.
All fittings are to be indelibly marked with manufacturer name, diameter and pressure rating PN 16
1) Any tubing, or cut tubing is to be deburred internally and externally prior to inserting into the fitting.
2) Ensure O rings are in place in fittings.
3) Tubes to be externally marked prior to assembly to ensure full insertion and proper crimping for
leak free joints.
4) Crimping tools used are to be electrically driven hydraulic operation and in accordance with fitting manufacturers standards and specifications.
5) Provision is to be made for purchase of crimping tools in your bid.
6) No use of solvents or oils are to be used on o rings during assembly of piping and fittings.
7) Pipe assembly to be loosely supported prior to crimping to ensure alignment.
8) After crimping do visual inspection that crimp has been performed.